We contribute to the improvement of independence and equal participation in the society for the visually impaired in Hong Kong by Improving and upgarding the design of barrier free access.
Equal Access – A Navigation System for Disabled
EqualAccess is a navigation system operated by our company that integrates different positioning technologies to provide a comprehensive navigation solution for the visually impaired.
System is applicable in various environments, such as shopping malls, museums and outdoor environment.
Make your event stand out by infusing audio description elements into your exhibition. Visually Impaired will be able to access audio or multi-media information of the exhibition from the EqualAccess app.
Uniqueness of The system:
- is an affordable and comprehensive navigation solution that works in various environments
- is easy-to-use and a reliable travel companion for the visually impaired
- does not require frequent maintenance (RFID tag life can last for 10 years)
How does the system works?
Use of Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) and sensor fusion (Wi-Fi, magnetic fields, BLE beacon) positioning technologies.
1. When users arrive at an intersection:
a) RFID positioning: RFID smart cane read data from RFID tags embedded in guide path stripes or other flooring materials;
b) Non Smart Cane users: Sensors embedded in smart phone receives radio signals, magnetic fields to calculate user location.
2. EqualAccess app accesses the cloud database to retrieve positioning and navigation data.
3. The app tells the users their current location, nearby points of interest and guides them to their destinations.
EqualAccess mobile apps
RFID smart cane (for using RFID positioning system ONLY)
RFID Tags which embedded in guide path (for using RFID positioning system ONLY)
BLE beacons (if necessary)