We work extensively on the design, production and development of Barrier Free Access (BFA) facilities for the visually impaired (VI). Our service in the following four major areas:
1. BFA Design Consultancy Service and Production & Consultancy Services
The core business of BFA is to design and produce BFA products and give advice on the design of environmental access to improve the functional abilities of the VI.
- Tactile guide path design and installation
- Tactile map design and production
- Production of Braille Plates
- Produce Braille on printing name cards and Braille booklet production
- Braille Transcription
- Design consultancy services on BFA related construction or improvement projects
2. EqualAccess – Travel Companion for Visually Impaired
EqualAccess is a navigation system that integrates various positioning technologies to provide a comprehensive navigation solution for the visually impaired. The system is applicable in various environments, such as shopping malls, museums and outdoor environment.
3. DOT concept Store
Through selling daily life products and shopping experience, bring out the connection between sense of touch and daily life as well as promote the Braille culture. We provide the training and practice platform for visually impaired people. Different ability people can participate in here.
4. Adaptive Aids and Equipment
We provide a wide range of quality and advanced adaptive aids and equipment to people with visual impairment, so as to enhance their independence in everyday living and efficiency in learning as well as at work.
5. Research & Development
Progressive product research and development have been done to enhance the function, accessibility and usefulness of BFA for the visually impaired.
- Review of BFA product and enhancement
- Prototype fabrication and examination
- Cooperation with government and other organizations on BFA development
- Launching of survey on the quality and usefulness of BFA products
6. Public Education & Promotion
- Seminars, workshops & formal presentation to professional groups, e.g. architects
- Public education exhibitions at easily accessible venues
- Training programmes for students, volunteers and professionals
7. Web Accessibility Consultancy Services
We provide Web accessibility consultancy service from 2012, so as to ensure the accessibility of webpage to the visual impaired.
- Use screen magnifying and screen reading software to test the web page accessibility.
- Consultancy service on Web Content Accessibility Guideline (WCAG) 2.0 for making Web content accessible to the visually impared.